Recent News

Kindergarten Registration

Kindergarten registration will begin in February.  If you have a child born in 2015 they will begin Kindergarten in September 2020.  Please call the office at 604 296-9000 to make an appointment to come and register your child.

The following is taken from the Burnaby School District website and outlines the supporting documents required to complete registration.

Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents 

Contact the school that serves the attendance area in which you reside and make an appointment to register. Students must reside with their parents or legal guardian.

Parents or guardians must accompany their child to the registration appointment and bring the following original documentation:

1) Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport)

2) Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order). Note that a notarized custodial guardian appointment is not the same as a guardianship order granted by the courts

3) Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, permanent resident card)

4) Proof of residency. The parent or guardian and student must be ordinarily resident in British Columbia. Your documentation must include two items, at least one being from Category A below:

Category A: proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian filing income tax returns as a BC resident

Category B: BC hydro bill, BC cable bill, Provincial driver’s license, provincial registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or credit cards

On occasion a school may request further documentation as needed.

5) Immunization records

6) A completed Burnaby School District Student Information Form

7) A completed Burnaby School District Medical Information Form

Note: Severe Health Concerns require additional forms. These can be obtained from the school that you are applying to attend.

8) Copy of the student’s most recent school marks (including Summer Session), such as:

a) an official copy of marks from the student’s Permanent Record Card; or
b) the student’s most recent report card; or
c) a transcript of academic record; or
d) a transfer form with marks

9) An emergency telephone contact number of a local person who is available during school hours

10) The name and telephone number of the family doctor or medical clinic